Why live and work in Iowa City?
Good question! Beyond the unique research environment, here are some other reasons:
- Iowa City is only one of two UNESCO-designated "cities of literature" in America.
- The annual Summer of the Arts includes a nationally renowned Jazz Festival, the Iowa Arts festival, open-air movies, and weekly outdoor concerts.
- 99.4% of Iowa City residents live within half a mile of open space areas such as parks and walking / bike trails.
- #4 on livability.com's "Best places to live" in the US (2019)
- #1 Reviews.org Best College Town in the US (2019)
- #4 hippest place to visit in the US (Expedia, 2017)
- #5 Best College Towns of America (Business Insider, 2017)
- Iowa ranked #1 Best State in America (US News & World Report, 2018)
The video below sums it up pretty well...